REQUEST A FREE SEO, PAID SOCIAL OR PPC AUDIT
To continue offering true value with their website, most companies will need an SEO agency to help them stay ahead of the curve in search.
1) Increase social media activity and grow followers: This could be through Twitter, Facebook or Instagram and you should ensure you are sharing information on there about your brand regularly. If people cannot connect with you and find out what you offer at first glance then they may not consider looking further into your business.
2) Optimise content: You should always be looking for ways to improve your Google ranking for search terms that are relevant to your business. Use tools such as a Rank Tracker tool to monitor keyword rankings and content performance. By monitoring changing trends, you can identify gaps in the market and develop content accordingly.
3) Build new links: Links remain one of the most important aspects of SEO, and you must work on earning more high-quality backlinks from well-known sites (for example, using link building services). You should also remain focused on removing bad links pointing at your website. An analysis should be done to ascertain which are good and which are bad links.
4) Focus on conversion rate optimisation: To convert a visitor into a customer, there must be a clearly defined marketing funnel that leads them via their path to purchase. If this is optimised for SEO purposes, it increases the chances that a website visitor will click through to your site and purchase something from you.
5) Multilingual support: If you have users in other countries, then internet searches can be done in other languages than English. You need to ensure your website can perform well when non-English language search queries are input. This is vital if you want to take advantage of international markets.
6) Reduce broken links: It’s essential that all links on your website work. Otherwise, this can lead to visitors getting frustrated with your lack of care or attention and leave your site before they convert. Therefore, we recommend using a link checker tool such as Link Detox, which can identify which broken links exist on your site and help you investigate solutions for fixing them.
7) Maintain a high mobile-friendliness score: With the number of visits from people using their mobile devices is growing every year, your website must appear well in mobile search results. You can check how well your website performs in Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool, ensuring your business is ready to adapt to changing trends in mobile compatibility.
8) Optimise videos: Videos have significant potential when ranking your website. This is because they can answer questions users have and draw them into your brand. The more time people spend watching videos about you (on YouTube or elsewhere), the more likely they are to remember you, share information with others, and ultimately, buy from you. For example, if you sell wedding dresses, your video could feature the latest trends in bridal wear. This increases your chances of reaching potential customers who have not yet decided which dress they will choose.
9) Handle reviews well: Depending on the type of business you are running, handling reviews can be critical to how successful it is. There are many ways of ensuring users leave good quality reviews and feel motivated to share information about their experience with others. You could use a tool such as Feedback Five, or offer incentives for positive feedback (such as store discounts). The most important thing to remember is that reviewers must feel valued by receiving an answer to their query within 24 hours (if possible). If you can’t answer them that quickly, then you should use a review management tool to identify and respond to all reviews. [VIDEO]
10) Advertise effectively: You can use the free Google AdWords Keyword Planner tool to find keywords that have high search volumes but low competition. By identifying these opportunities, you can use Google’s advertising platform (or another form of paid advertising). Focus on specifically targeting users who are actively seeking what your business offers. This also gives you direct access to the businesses searching, increasing your chances of being seen by a potential customer.
If you’re thinking about getting started with SEO in 2021 – or if you want to do better than last year – it’s worth considering taking action now.